Recycling and the Environment
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of peripherals can be recycled?
Computer peripherals include: desktops, notebooks, and monitors..
2. What products are eligible for recycling?
Recycling is available with qualifying purchases of new or Premio certified refurbished computers and/or monitors. Premio will accept for recycling computers, notebooks, and monitors, except products contaminated or suspected of being contaminated with chemicals, biological agents or other substances that are not integral to the original new equipment or otherwise associated with normal office or household environments.
3. How much can I recycle?
Qualified purchasers are eligible to recycle 10 items per request. Additional units will require additional requests. Purchasers should package each desktop computer, notebook computer, and monitor in separate boxes.
4. How do I package my old computer and monitor?
Package each of your recycled computer and monitor in a box appropriate for ground transportation. Must be packed to ensure product will not shift or break. You must place computer, notebook, or monitor into two separate boxes. Securely seal each box. Weight limit per package is less than 70 lbs. To view our packaging instructions, click here.
5. When i receive an authorization email with the shipping label enclosed, how long does it take for the shipping label to expire?
The Shipping Label must be used within 30 days of receipt of the confirmation email.
6. What should I do if I never received my email, lost the email, or need a replacement email to recycle my old computer?
First check on your email program if we are not on SPAM mail. If not you can email our customer service at email@example.com or call us at 800-568-6388.
7. Where do I take my recycled computer or monitor?
Take the equipment, packaged for ground transportation, and the shipping label outside the box to a FedEx Location . To find the nearest FedEx location, visit www.fedex.com/locatorreturns . Premio Recycling Program returns will only be accepted at select authorized Return System locations.
8. Can I take my packaged recycled computer and monitor to a FedEx drop off box?
No, you must take it to a FedEx location. To find the nearest FedEx location, visit www.fedex.com/locatorreturns
9. Do I have to clean off my data on my old computer?
Yes, before shipping equipment for recycling, you should (a) delete data on the hard-disk drives and any other storage devices in the products; (b) back up or transfer any data prior to deletion; and (c) remove any removable media, such as diskettes, CDs, or Memory cards. Premio has no responsibility for loss or confidentiality of customer data on recycled equipment.
10. Where do I send my recycled equipment?
Premio will email a shipping label with the address already provided. To find the nearest FedEx location, visit www.fedex.com/locatorreturns . Premio Recycling Program returns will only be accepted at select authorized Return System locations.
11. How much does it cost to return computer equipment through Premio's Recycling Process?
Depending on which state, there may be a service charge for the shipping label. Customers are responsible for properly packaging and preparing their equipment for shipping.. To find out if your state has a charge for the shipping label please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-568-6388.
12. What can I send through this service?
Premio brands of personal/office computer equipment are accepted. This includes desktops, notebooks, and monitors.
13. How do I pack my equipment for shipment to Premio?
Customers are responsible for properly packaging and preparing their equipment for shipping. Premio will work with customers to identify economical packing that will be manageable for receipt by Premio. Service orders will most likely follow the detailed packing instructions.
14. Does Premio provide boxes and packing materials for me to use?
No, customers are asked to provide their own packing supplies. Original packaging box or used boxes are acceptable as long as they are adequate for the weight of the equipment you are sending. Details are provided in the packing instructions.
15. What if I forget to remove my confidential data from a hard drive before shipping it?
Premio is not responsible for any data that is left on the hard drive. The customer should remove any data from the hard drive prior to shipment.
16. What if I accidentally ship the wrong equipment?
Equipment shipped by mistake cannot be recovered or returned. By ordering the service and surrendering your packed equipment to the transportation carrier, you relinquish any rights to the package and its contents.
17. When using this service, what if I am having problems placing my order on-line?
You can get assistance placing your order by our customer service at 800-568-6388. We are staffed Monday through Friday from 9AM to 5PM Pacific time